|DENGUE/ DENGUE HAEMORRHAGIC FEVER
|VECTOR CONTROL MEASURES
1. PERSONAL PROPHALATIC MEASURES
2. BIOLOGICAL CONTROL
- Use of mosquito repellent creams, liquids, coils, mats etc.
- Wearing of full sleeve shirts and full pants with socks
- Use of bednets for sleeping infants and young children during day time to prevent mosquito bite
3. CHEMICAL CONTROL
- Use of larvivorous fishes in ornamental tanks, fountains, etc.
- Use of biocides
4. ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT & SOURCE REDUCTION METHODS
- Use of chemical larvicides like abate in big breeding containers
- Aerosol space spray during day time
5. HEALTH EDUCATION
- Detection & elimination of mosquito breeding sources
- Management of roof tops, porticos and sunshades
- Proper covering of stored water
- Reliable water supply
- Observation of weekly dry day
6. COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION
- Impart knowledge to common people regarding the disease and vector through various media sources like T.v., Radio, Cinema slides, etc.
- Sensitilizing and involving the community for detection of Aedes breeding places and their elimination